Look to The Law Office of J. Craig Bourne to help your family stick together throughout any situation life throws at you. Our family law attorney in Orlando, FL, combines his knowledge of the law and his passion for helping others to provide superior legal guidance for your family matters. We serve many different practice areas, but helping families is one of the main reasons we practice law. Check below to learn more about our family law services.
Many men find themselves paying child support for a child to find out they are not the biological father. Protect your rights by seeking our legal guidance when determining the true paternity of a minor.
Our lawyers strive to help our clients plan for the future. A fair prenuptial agreement can protect you and your spouse in the unfortunate event of a divorce.
With life, many things can change and alter your needs. Our lawyers can help you adjust the terms of your divorce agreement through our modification services if any permanent and unanticipated circumstances have occurred.
If you are interested in learning more about our services or you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us today at (407) 894-6750.
When it comes to planning your future, many couples choose to sign a prenuptial agreement in their marriage for peace of mind and security. A prenuptial agreement is a fair document that allows you and your partner to outline certain financial aspects to protect you, your business, and your family in the unfortunate event of a divorce. Although prenuptial agreements are very common in second marriages or blended families, our family law attorney in Orlando, FL, believes it is a proactive and vital approach to the safety of your future no matter the situation. Below we list one of the most important benefits of a prenuptial agreement.
- Known Financial Obligations
In the event of a divorce, often the couple will divide their assets and belongings under the laws of the state, but with a prenuptial agreement, this document makes the state laws inapplicable. Before entering a marriage, both parties will fully understand their financial obligations in the event of a divorce. A prenuptial agreement can help protect your ownership of your business or allow you to secure an agreed upon alimony amount for your children.
If you wish to learn more about securing your future and feeling protected if you are ever faced with a divorce, look to J. Craig Bourne, Attorney at Law. Contact our office today at (407) 894-6750 to learn more about our prenuptial services.
When dealing with divorce, it is essential to have a dedicated divorce and family law attorney in Orlando, FL that has you and your children’s best interest in mind. Navigating through your divorce can be a difficult situation, which is why J. Craig Bourne works hard to offer his superior legal representation and helpful advice through this huge change in life. To have a civil separation, both parties should accept the new way of life and establish healthy ground rules. Below we list a few main rules you should set with your ex after your divorce.
- Communication with your ex should be limited to only discuss matters dealing with legal situations or issues dealing with your children. Speaking to your ex via phone or written communication is vital to creating this new relationship. Conversations should be very impersonal and exact to help protect your new privacy and personal issues to avoid emotional interactions.
- Protect your children by not involving them in any communication between you and your ex. This is a must have a ground rule to help them healthily cope with the divorce.
- Speak to each other in only a respectful manner. If communication becomes negative or inappropriate, it is essential you end the discussion immediately to prove to your ex you will not tolerate that behavior.
If you are currently seeking a compassionate lawyer, look to The Law Offices of J. Craig Bourne to help you deal with your divorce. Contact us at (407) 894-6750 to schedule a consultation.
Divorce tends to be a difficult situation for everyone involved, especially your children. When it comes to your little ones, it is important to help them cope with their feelings, whether that is sadness, confusion, or anger. Below we discuss a few helpful ways you can help your child deal with your divorce.
- One of the most important ways you can help your children cope with the divorce is to let them know they are not to blame. Often children will begin blaming themselves for the actions of you and your ex. This is important to immediately stop those thoughts from coming out because they can ultimately lead to low self-esteem and hurtfulness.
- Expressing how much you love your children through this difficult time will help them realize that everything will be ok in the end. It is essential that your children feel safe and loved during this huge change in their life.
- It is important to communicate though this large Encourage your children to talk about their feelings regarding the divorce. This is an excellent opportunity to create solutions to their problems and feelings.
If you are currently looking for a dedicated family law attorney in Orlando, FL to help you with your family’s legal needs, contact us today at (407) 894-6750 to schedule a free consultation.